Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring break means

Spring Break
means
somewhere warm and sunny 
for some
means 
no school for some
means 
no work for some

but, for others, 
Spring Break is just
another week
of work

Sometimes I wonder
how I go to be 
so lucky to
still celebrate 
Spring Break

Last year, we took a trip
to Norfolk
I needed to 
get away
I needed sunshine

This year,
I am staying home
Family is requiring 
too much of us 
to get away 

But there will still be
time for fun
Beauty and the Beast
Girl's tea
Nonna time
Spring baking

Spring break
No matter where or when
means rejuvenation
means family and fun

I am ready
tomorrow at 3
Spring break begins

Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for the opportunity to share this slice of my life


1 comment:

  1. I'm on spring break now too. Longing for a beach and sand between my toes, but I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete