Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My Day by the Numbers


One parent meeting
at 7 AM
talking about how 
reading and understanding a 
math problem
is as important
(more important?)
then doing the math

Two tutoring sessions
practicing for PARCC
reading a Newsela article
classifying triangles
discussing why the Roman Empire collapsed

Three grand conversations 
talking about Freedom Summer
and why it was important that 
John Henry brought his own
nickel
for his own
ice pop

Four items on my 
to-do list
getting paperwork ready
as a newly appointed
co-guardian for my brother

Five new books
from the library
in anticipation of
additional reading time
over spring break

Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for the opportunity to share this slice of my life.


7 comments:

  1. I think a full day ended with a great decision because it sounds like a much needed break is ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a pretty packed day! Hope everything went well = like the creative way of setting it up :)

    hannahshappenings.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a super busy day. I hope you get plenty of down time over the break and get to dig in to those five books : )
    I enjoyed your format and will have to give it a try sometime.
    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of "By the Numbers". This is still on my list!!!!

    Thanks, Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea, Phyllis. I want to try this format. Freedom Summer is a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Phyllis! Thanks for the idea. Something to play with, Maybe for Saturday Slice.

    ReplyDelete