Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lost

I forgot to blog yesterday.  Literally - forgot.

There have been other days that I have chosen to skip due to exhaustion, extreme busy-ness and so on.  But yesterday...

I got lost in a book.

I

 have not had as much time to read as much as I like lately.  Yesterday, I grabbed Salt to the Sea to start while waiting for my doctor's appointment.  It followed along with me all day as we unsuccessfully tried to set up guardianship accounts for my brother.

Went with me as I went to visit him in his new residence (it is really nice there!).

Followed me back home again.

Then, after dinner, I sat down  to read a bit before a single make-up piano lesson.  Then, right back to the book I went.  I was just about finished when it was time to pick up Alexis from Jen's house.

Back home again.

Helped get Alexis settled in for the night.  We are reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.

After she fell asleep, I turned back to my book to finish the last few pages.

When I looked at my watch it was after 11 PM - Chicago time.  That means, after midnight NY time.  So I missed my chance

But, as excuses go, getting lost in a book is one of the best.

Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for giving me this opportunity to share a Slice of my Life.

6 comments:

  1. That is a book worth getting lost in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting lost in a book is always a good way to get lost in your day...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to put that on my reading list. I love it when I have time to get lost in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On of the greatest pleasures in life is getting lost in a book! Thanks for sharing your slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salt to the Sea has been on my TBR list for months. Sounds like it's definitely worth reading! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life certainly does happen and sometimes pleasures on the page are not our own words but those of others. Glad you were able to slice today about getting lost in someone's words.

    ReplyDelete